Saturday, October 15, 2016

Upgrading Mountain Bikes to 1x11

First of all let me tell you that upgrading to Shimano M8000 XT 1x11 is easy and should not pose any problems as long as you have a half decent bike tool kit.

I have built up a collection of tools over the years some have become obsolete and new ones have appeared.

I was quite fortunate as all my bikes have an BSA 68-73mm threaded bottom bracket.

I first started on a Cube LTD Race, 26er from around 2007. This had a Shimano triple. I bought all necessary upgrade kit from Evans Cycles.









When finished the bike was about 500g lighter ! I added some Absolute Black chainrings to my collection at this stage also.




Now the kits came with an 11-42 cassette, but I wanted more range so I purchased the One Up Shark which gave me 11-50 !! I also could increase the chainring to 34t or even 36t.




Above pic is not the finished article, this was a start there were more developments later on so stay tuned.

No comments: